Personal Water Craft Forum banner

Is there an ultra 250x 2009 model

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  JayDawg 
#1 ·
In all the sites i have looked at they list the ultra 250x as a 2008 model. the dealer is telling me there is a 2009 mode; Is he tryin to scam me in buying an older model?

#2 ·
The 2009 model is a 260X. Kawasaki gave the new model year a little extra power to be #1 again. Next year, Yamaha or Sea Doo will come out with something bigger then the following year Kawasaki will come out with something to top that and so on. It's a never ending battle to go faster and have more power.

#4 ·
It could also be just an uneducated salesman. Every time I have bought my jet ski's or my ATV's, I have known more info on them than the salesman. Look at the VIN number though because it will tell you what year it is. On Kawasaki's, the last 2 numbers of the VIN are the model year. If it says 08 he is trying to sell you an older year. If it says 09 it will be a new 09' model year but it should also be an Ultra 260X not a 250X if that is the case.

#5 · (Edited)
Here is a link from the dealership in Lake Wales Florida that one of my friends works at. It does not even show an Ultra 250X. Also, you can compare the color schemes of the 08's to the 09's to make even more sure you are getting an 09'.

Kawasaki Watercraft from Sky Powersports

Here is also a sided by side comparison of the 08' Ultra 250X and the new 09' Ultra 260X. I left out the Ultra 260LX because the only difference between it and on 260X is it has a different rear seat and color.

Kawasaki vs Kawasaki 2009 vs 2008 Jet Ski® Ultra® 260X vs Jet Ski® Ultra® 250X

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.