Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found 2 waverunners for sale. Both are 2007 with under 10 hours each and were purchased new 4 months ago and have 8 months left of warranty. One is a VX Deluxe and the other is a VX Cruiser. The price for the two is $11,000- is this about right? I have a few other questions too if someone can help.

1) Am I required to get insurance in South Carolina?
2) How much will a trailer that can hold both cost?
3) What are the differences between these models and the others offered by Yamaha? Should I look into different models other than these?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The VX Deluxe is about $8500 brand new. $11,000 for teh cruiser sounds about right. SC doesn't require you to carry insurance on your PWC but your lender might if you have it financed. The Deluxe is what I went with because for the price, it wasn't worth going with the cruiser for the power. We don't need to go 80mph on the water, I'm happy with 67mph on the deluxe. The key things I wanted were Reverse, mirrors and the security system that disables the ignition and puts a speed regulator on for teenagers that like to get wild on them.
A trailer for 2 skis would probably cost you about $1500 or more. I paid $800 for a single trailer from a sporting goods store. But I wouldn't buy a trailer from a dealer cuz they will try to sell you all kids of stuff with it and overcharge you. The dealer wanted to add $1200 for the trailer and I found a better one fro $800.... Henry's Sporting Goods in Mt. Pleasant, SC is a good place to look.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
209 Posts
The VX Deluxe is about $8500 brand new. $11,000 for teh cruiser sounds about right. SC doesn't require you to carry insurance on your PWC but your lender might if you have it financed. The Deluxe is what I went with because for the price, it wasn't worth going with the cruiser for the power. We don't need to go 80mph on the water, I'm happy with 67mph on the deluxe. The key things I wanted were Reverse, mirrors and the security system that disables the ignition and puts a speed regulator on for teenagers that like to get wild on them.
A trailer for 2 skis would probably cost you about $1500 or more. I paid $800 for a single trailer from a sporting goods store. But I wouldn't buy a trailer from a dealer cuz they will try to sell you all kids of stuff with it and overcharge you. The dealer wanted to add $1200 for the trailer and I found a better one fro $800.... Henry's Sporting Goods in Mt. Pleasant, SC is a good place to look.
Hope this helps!

+1

except for the cruiser definitly wont go 80 and your deluxe isnt going 67.... thats the dreamometer.....

·
Registered
227 Posts
2000 lb double trailer is standard pwc size. New we sold these for just under $8000 each so $11000 is a great deal. Speed is near 60 MPH on GPS. Reliable machines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts