Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iCloud

here is the video of my 650 VXR at idle after I just replaced the brand new ignition coil with a brand new new one because I was told the old one had a bad connection.

It’s always sounded like this just trying to see if it’s normal for it to be that loud and clanky

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

not sure if the first video link worked so try this

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Video opened this time.
2strokes tend to be noisy. Yours doesn't sound bad to me. I think once you get it idling smoother it will quiet down some.
When was carb last rebuilt?
What's the plugs look like?
Have you tested compression?
Compression is critical on a 2stroke.
Did you ever find a manual? I can send you a copy of Yamaha service manual for the 94 vxr pro. But believe it covers vxr as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rebuilt the carb less than a month ago

has been running bad not sure what’s wrong with it I just got it about a month and a half ago finally got it running but it stalls at half throttle and won’t let you give it any more gas because it hogs down especially under a load like towing a kneeboard it’s twice as bad

compression is 145 ish in each cylinder

brand new plugs and ignition coil as well as fuel lines and fuel filter

everything has been cleaned... check valve, screen, air filter etc...

I wasn’t the one looking for a manual though 😅 already got one online great deal for 14.95! Saves a lot of headache trying to “finagle” it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Video opened this time.
2strokes tend to be noisy. Yours doesn't sound bad to me. I think once you get it idling smoother it will quiet down some.
When was carb last rebuilt?
What's the plugs look like?
Have you tested compression?
Compression is critical on a 2stroke.
Did you ever find a manual? I can send you a copy of Yamaha service manual for the 94 vxr pro. But believe it covers vxr as well.
Bogs*** oops

1 - 8 of 8 Posts