Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any ideas on what might be causing engine issues. Seems to run good most of the time. Only issue is when I first start out riding. When you give it gas it will just bog down. If I keep it about mid throttle; after about 5minutes it will finally take off and runs great. At this point you can stop and go with no issues. But, as soon as you stop for any extended period of time(just a couple minutes or more) it will start off bogged down again. I have changed spark plugs, used seafoam in gas. Just dont know what is causing this boggy start. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
285 Posts
sounds like it may be running to rich on the low side setting of the carb and possible fouling the plugs, once you get it running and in midrange it clears up, this can happen to many older ski's when in no wake areas for quite a distance it overloads the system with gas and then takes a bit to clean itself out. Pull the plugs sometime and check them see if you can see any fouling on the plugs. Is your ski premix or using the oil system that came on the ski, they pump out to much oil at low revs and can cause this also. Use a block off kit you can get from somplace like DennisKirk.com - Motorcycle, Harley-Davidson, ATV, Dirt Bike, Snowmobile, PWC / Watercraft Parts, Apparel, and Accessories and run premix 50:1 and this will help also.
Good Luck WOT!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts