Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to PWC's, in fact I've only had my yamaha fx ho cruiser for a week. I had a big day on the water planned for my family yesterday. My parents had come down and I had my two daughters out with me. My dad was bringing the boat out but I had beat him to the rendezvous spot. I attached a dock line to the forward cleat on the waverunner and (because we were waiting for a little while) I started fiddling around. Anywho, the rope got sucked into the intake and it also happened to be wrapped around my left ankle.

So now, I have a gross, bruised and swollen left ankle that I can't really walk on very well, a big ER bill and a limping waverunner. :appl:

Uber-newbs, like me, don't make this same mistake.:rolleyes:

Happy boating!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wow. You have some bad luck. Please stay away from me while out on the water! LOL. Well I hope your luck changes. Always best to Act than to React. Wish you would of got that little ordeal on camera would of made the YouTube hi-lights.
Hope your summer goes better.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Ouch! If you haven't gotten the rope out of the pump you still have that to look forward to..........it ain't easy! Been there done that.

Hope you have a quick recovery!:pity:

·
Registered
811 Posts
:smilie_help:Sorry to hear about your luck. Maybe you got lucky and only wrapped the rope around the shaft. When this happened to somebody on the Chesapeake Bay with a Sea Doo we just walked it into shore, rolled it over, took off the grate and played McGyver and took a healthy knife and cut it, pulled most of it off the shaft and the rest through the prop out the back. put the grate back on, turned right side up and off they went. Hope yours is that easy. Plus the good news is you don't have to walk to drive a Ski. Hope you feel better.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I agree with Outlaw. Removing the grate makes getting the rope out 100% easier. A very sharp knife or box cutter also helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts