Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm completely new to PWC - except having rented jet skis perhaps a dozen times. I pay $100/hr for rentals, and so I'm thinking maybe I should just buy an inexpensive used jet ski instead.

My favorite jet skiing is jumping through the waves on a rough day in the ocean. That's all I really care for; don't even need much speed, as long as it's fast enough to jump :) And obviously, I'm not an experienced rider, so I'd rather go for something that's less likely to flip.

What models would you recommend to look at? I have friends who like to ride, so I'm looking for a 2- or 3-seater; is there any reason not to get a 3-seater?

I was hoping to get something decent for $2-3k, plus ~$500/year in maintenance, oil, and gas based on ~40 hours/year use.

Thank you!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hey there, I think you will be happier with a three seat ski. I own three of them and wouldn't trade for a two seat ski.

As far as what type and model I would recomend, is a four stroke Seadoo GTX. The four stroke is easy to maintain and will out last two strokes.

Next is the closed loop cooling system. You said you were going to wave jump, I assume that means saltwater. Closed loop is much better in that environment.

The three seater will give you more weight and a longer ski, which will result in a better ride and less wet. You typically will have a larger storage compartment and glove box.

You can pick up 2002's in your price range.

As you can tell I am partial to Seadoo. Thats my RXT-IS in my avitar:git:

Catch Ya on the flipside :00000048:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts