Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently just had my jet ski stolen i lost the title to it and the shop i bought it from went out of business so i have no idea what the hin number is ? If i knew my hin could i find out who will be riding around on my jetski?

·
Registered
298 Posts
The VIN should be on your registration. If you don't have that then call the DMV, and they should be able to get you a new registration paper

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i also have question when theifs do steal other people pwc how do they get away with it if they dont chop the up as far as registratio nand etc ?

·
Registered
811 Posts
i also have question when theifs do steal other people pwc how do they get away with it if they dont chop the up as far as registratio nand etc ?
If you get the HIN # the authorites will black list it as stolen so if they go to a dealer to get an ignition key made. Dealers are not spposed to program any ski without checking documentation.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I doubt you will ever see it again even if you had the HIN. Boats get stolen all the time in my area, and I've only heard about one that was recovered. I hope you had insurance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay i see but how about if you get stopped by the police on the lake ? Do they not run the hin number thru a database?

·
Registered
811 Posts
the dnr is what i meant as in police patrolling the lake
If they don't have the papers, then yes if it was reported they should see it come up as stolen, just like a car.

·
Registered
811 Posts
There is also a GPS security tracking system that you can install thats works from GPS movement and sends txt or e-mail alerts to a smartphone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts