Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, finally thought I had everything dialed in after rebuild on 2001 XLT 1200. Was running great. Did complete top and with sleeved cylinders Pistons gasket all around rebuilt carbs new reads etc. Had about 25 hours on it now and all of a sudden it shut down like it dropped a cylinder the other day. Immediately shut it off and towed back in. When I pulled it apart the middle cylinder piston had debris in it. Still had 90 psi and a meter but well below what it should be. Pull the cylinder out in the world of the cylinder actually look good however on the intake side of The cylinder there was a piece of the sleeve missing which obviously got sucked in chewed up etc. The piston is also scored. Showed a picture to someone and he says it looks like the piston jammed up in the cylinder Due to heat/lack of lube.even though it was free when I check. They mentioned that they thought the jetting needed changed to Rich and it up with a slave cylinder. Does anyone have any info on this. The front and rear cylinders still look perfect. By the way I did check the plugs and all plugs are nice and brown to brown black and color so they don’t look like it was lean to me.Thanks in advance, Matt

1 - 1 of 1 Posts