Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I push the start button all it does is click. had the same problem with my jet boat. maybe the solenoid? Thanks, Joe

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
Make sure battery is fully charged, check all cable ends and make sure all connections are tight and clean. If that doesn't work try jumping straight to the starter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure battery is fully charged, check all cable ends and make sure all connections are tight and clean. If that doesn't work try jumping straight to the starter.
Just fully charged the battery checked connections and tried to start it and all it did was click how do I jump it ti the starter
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
At the solenoid, locate the lead going to the starter. Attach one end of jumper cable to pos. side of battery and touch the other end to that lug. Should engage the starter.

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
No prob.
On the solenoid there are two large lugs with cables attached to them. One is the Positive from the battery and the other is the positive to the starter. When you hit the starter button it sends voltage to the solenoid which is just a high amp relay and completes the connection between the two cables and engages the starter.
It is that connection that you are going to make manually with the jumper cables to engage the starter and make sure it works. common for two stroke pwc starters to get burnt up especially at the beginning of the season or after sitting for any length of time to get the fuel system primed. Rule of thumb is 10 sec crank max and 30 sec-1 min minimum cool down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put some penetrating oil in the cylinders for about 3 hours then they were free starter was working

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
Maybe not. Could be the starter. Pull the starter and check it out of the ski. If you pull the plugs you should be able to grab the drive shaft or coupling and spin it by hand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe not. Could be the starter. Pull the starter and check it out of the ski. If you pull the plugs you should be able to grab the drive shaft or coupling and spin it by hand.
I got new plugs and put some penetrating oil in both cylinders for about 2 hours then it worked cylenders were free starter worked and I still had enough time to take it for a ride and i did. Thanks for the help.:appl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts