Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my Js500 out for the first time today holding it at full throttle the whole time, it only planes when it wants. Please help

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not much to go on. Does the engine seem to be turning full RPMs or is it a pump problem ? I had a WR500 with a similar problem when I first bought it. There was a small chunk of wood wedged in the pump. The only way I could see it was when I took it apart. Same symptom when the pump gets clogged with leaves and trash. Good luck

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
Not much to go on. Does the engine seem to be turning full RPMs or is it a pump problem ? I had a WR500 with a similar problem when I first bought it. There was a small chunk of wood wedged in the pump. The only way I could see it was when I took it apart. Same symptom when the pump gets clogged with leaves and trash. Good luck

Yep. Clean the carb. It's in there somewhere.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If the RPMs are not there then you are probably looking at a carb problem. Any number of causes to not getting enough fuel. Has the ski been sitting a long time with old gas gumming up. Fuel lines, fuel cut OFF/ ON/RES gummed up. Time for a carb rebuild ? Search the forums for other peoples carb fixes and you will probably find your answer . Another good forum is Vintage Skis.

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
Cool, just remember to not hold it wide open for extended periods. 2 strokes are actually designed for full throttle bursts. Just fluctuate it some. Enjoy. Always nice with stuff fixes itself. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts