Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone? Im new to the forum. Just wanted to say hello and ask for some advise and pointers on what my problem could be and how to fix it.

For some reason my battery dies very fast when I'm using the ski. Im talking like going from fully charged new battery to just about dead in under 3 hours.

its a 83 Js 550.

any info will help.

Jesse

·
Registered
588 Posts
Jesse I am guessing that the battery is not new and is not holding a charge. My batteries last two seasons and that is with it constantly connected to a trickle charger.

Another thing I have heard of is a parasitic drain. In other words something is draining your battery which should not be draining your battery. In other words "a parasite".

Another possibility is the battery is not being re-charged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jesse I am guessing that the battery is not new and is not holding a charge. My batteries last two seasons and that is with it constantly connected to a trickle charger.

Another thing I have heard of is a parasitic drain. In other words something is draining your battery which should not be draining your battery. In other words "a parasite".

Another possibility is the battery is not being re-charged.
Hey Lee, The Batteries I'm using are both new. Both were charged first right when they were pulled from the box before put in the ski. I do have a "parasite" somewhere. Thats what I need to find out and fix it.

Im going to start with replacing all the Ground wires and see where that takes me. I have a feeling its going to be some sort of coil or something in the Electrical Box...

Jesse

·
Registered
588 Posts
Here is a suggestion. Before you spend any money, try to determine the cause. Replacing parts is often like shooting in the dark. Sounds like the alternator (i don't know what it is called on a jet ski), is not re-charging the battery. There must be a way to measure that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts