Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 86 js550 for 150 bucks. I took the entire engine apart and found that it is in bad shape, i think the previous owner didn't know what he was doing and hydrolocked it. Everything inside is pretty rusty and dirty, but it doesnt seem like theres any significant damage. Can i still save the ski? Im worried about the crank, is there a special way to clean it up, i just wanna buy new bearings and seals? Do people repair hydrolocked skis a lot? And the cylinder walls don't look to bad, looks like they need to be honed out. Any advice, please.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any bearings that see rust will need to be replaced.As long as there is no damage to the case,you should be able to reuse it.I would like to know how to disassemble the crank. I have never tried to tackle that kind of repaire on these ski's

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive deceided to part the ski out, the damage is far worse than i thought it was, i only bought the ski for 150 bucks so i should be able to get my money back.

Anyways, to answer your question, you probably already know that the crank is all pressed together in multiple pieces, if not, it is. Disassembly will be near impossible without the correct tools, professionals will heat the crank to a high temperature and pull the pressed seals apart. Im not sure you have those types of tools, hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HOW DO YOU POST A NEW THREAD ON THIS THING.. my1994 WAVERUNNER 111 WATERSPOUT IN REAR STOPPED WORKING ANY ONE HELP PLEASE.. GEEZ.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You wanna go up to forum on the top of the page and click on it. Then you will see a list of categories, in your case you would scroll down to Yamaha. Then towards the left/center of the page you will see a black box that says New Thread. Then post your question there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts