Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rebuilt the engine on my 1985 JS550. I has the West Coast Exhaust manifold, pipe and water box. I got a brand new Mikuni BN 44 Carb.
I fires right up and idles fine but has no low end torque and bogs when I gun it. Got new plugs and fresh fuel. Any ideas?? I'm at my wits end.
Thanks in advance for any advice......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so I have the low out 1/2 turn and the high open just a crack.
its the only way it will run in the water from idle to full throttle with no pull.
it barely get me out of the water. I have a stock 550SX and it runs awesome, same carb.
I tried using the same settings and no luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently acquired this what I believe to be a js440. I'm told it's a brand new motor and it's built up to the nines. Taking a look down the plug holes and pistons are silver and don't appear to have even an hour on them. It looks to have a head a pipr and it's a duel carb unit. I'm having this same problem!! I got enough power to stand up but it's so gutless.. I hold it pinned out and I'm not moving very quick and the motor doesn't really pick up... this thing should be shooting out of the water!! Intake grate looks after market as well... Would love a solution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts