Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an 87 Kawi JS550 standup. The Clymers manual doesnt list a lubrication for the crank besides the grease when putting it together. By searching forums I have learned that it runs on just the oil in the fuel mix. I have a really hard time believing this. As it is would be a major issue if i broke the thing trying, maybe someone else can comfirm this. My local Kawi dealers are also perplexed and dont want to reccomend anything due to liability. When i bought it it had water in the cylinders. I took the engine out and the head off. And dumped nothing out of the crank via the flywheel cover. should i just rebuild the whole thing or what. i really dont want to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a js 440 i had the same prob but i myself blow the engine. I rebuilt it and it runs ok I still have a prob with the mix on the carb.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The fuel air oil mixture goes through the intake under the pistons reatomizes in the cranckcase lubing everything with a gas air oil mixture then gets pulled up to the top of the piston where the spark plug explodes the fuel under compression. Or you can look up how a two cycle engine works online and get a picture. dirt bikes only get lower end oil in the tranny side of engine to lube the gears not the crank.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Own/ride a 1988 JS550.

Right inside the engine compartment it has a big tag that reads, "NO OIL"

Premix the gas/oil to 40:1 and that's all those bad boys need for near-zero maintenance and YEARS of enjoyment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts