Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a little help on some 550 upgrades. I have purchased a few parts and looking to put them on my ski, but looking for some advice. I have a '86 550 with a Jetsport Head, aftermarket prop. I purchased a Westcoast pipe and an sbn 44mm carb. I also have another sbn 44mm carb and a kerker pipe for another ski. I want to put these both on and was looking at manifolds for each. Any suggestions? Are Marniner manifolds any good? Do I need an aftermarket manifold for the sbn? Are these worth while upgrades? I have another ski with a stock bn carb and it is a pain in the rear to adjust. Have never been able to get it running right. If anyone has intake or exhaust manifolds for sale please let me know! Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes you do need an aftermarket manifold for an 44mm sbn. I have a Jetsport 44mm intake manifold on mine with a 44mm sbn. You will also need a JRE intake spacer because the carburator is bigger than the stock one and will hit the head and wont fit without the JRE intake spacer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You don't need an aftermarket manifold for use with a 44 mikuni. You need to buy an spacer plate is the only thing. The stock mani already has a 44bn bolted to it so a sbn 44 will bolt right up just buy a spacer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Butch, I've never seen a 440/550 come stock with a 44-BN? I only know of & seen 38-BN's. Thus you would need an aftermarket manifold to bolt a 44mm BN or SBN Mukuni carb. on a piston-port motor. Not sure about the spacer, but BSHILL is rite on the manifold info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts