Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my 87 js550 to run and ride for all of its glory. I bought it early this spring for $100. some of the best I ever spent. It is totally stock. Here's the question. what can i do to make it so i can ride it at full throttle. It bounces when i get to about half throttle even if i am on glass. would a top loader intake from R&d solve this issue or make it worse. also, any tips on learning to ride better would be much appreciated. I can slide it sideways for a second or two, it usually dumps me off but its great fun. I've been trying to jump wakes with it but to no avail. any suggestions on getting some flight time?

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you are porpoising at 1/2 throttle on smooth water, my guess is that it's all about YOU more than your ski. Where are you standing?

My guess is that you are standing way too far back, forcing the rear down into the water and the force from the jet is making your ski porpoise.

A deep intake grate may be best (as you guessed), but be mindful of how you stand. Move forward and lean over the top of the motor housing to try to keep the jet parallel to the water's surface.

MAYBE a ride plate (with skegs) would help too, but start with the intake grate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts