Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put together a 88 JS550. It ran decent for a while with a little mid-range bog and probably a little need for a tune. Plugs looked good after riding it around with various throttle. After laying it over in a fall it died and wouldnt restart. Low fuel led me to switch to res. and it still took a long time to get going but did start. As soon as you rap the throttle down she bogs out bad and will stall if you dont let off. Idles ok and plugs look fine. Filled fuel and switched to Normal fuel select. Still bogging out at WOT.
Carb has a fresh rebuild but that doesnt mean something couldnt have gotten into it.

Any Ideas anyone??

·
Registered
144 Posts
It almost sounds like water in the fuel. Check the inline fuel filter and make sure there's no water in the bottom of it. If thats not it then you probably picked up something from the bottom of your tank and it's plugging up a jet in the carb.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check the sediment bulb. I would have thought the fuel filter in there would of stopped dirt.
I noticed today that the primer is junk and since its hooked up in the inlet line between the carb and filter and then to the rev limiter fuel injection line it could have alowed the inlet to suck through it like a cracked line which would reduce fuel flow.
Im thinkin thats a good place to start. Now i just gotta find time to fiddle with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i sopose its best to take a look inside. I dont want to buy another carb kit though. Do you think it will come apart without wreaking the gaskets since its only been together for a week?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts