Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to becoming an owner of a couple PWC, but I'm online rather than on the water because I am sure there must be something better for our situation.

Last several summers we've rented PWC when we get a chance, but one of children has a hip issue that makes riding uncomfortable on wide seats. This year we noticed the SeaDoo Sparks have a narrower seat and when we tested on the showroom floor it seemed better seat wise. I'll be taking my child to the Kawaski and Yamaha dealers to see if any of their models fit better.

But, that got me to wondering if people get custom shaped seats for their PWC. I realize that ultimately the seat has to be as wide as the shell, but that doesn't mean a bit of height couldn't be added to change the angle. Being able to buy the PWCs that we want, and then making a seat to fit appeals to us. Are there any shops that create custom shaped seats for PWC?

If there were any older models that had really narrow seats that I should be looking for as well, I'd love to hear about them. Really the only thing that is keeping us from buying is the thought there must be something a bit better for our situation.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to being a member.

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
I believe the spark is the only narrow seat out there. Any good upholstery shop could make a custom seat for you. I would recomend finding a used one to have modified so you can put the oem seat back on when not needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts