Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never owned a pwc before and was just wondering how good these Yamaha's are. They seem to run pretty darn good with no leaks or anything. Im looking for a cover for one of them that screws in the back where the fire extinguisher is. I have looked on Ebay and a few other places and cant seem to find any. Is there a good site that I can go on to buy this part? Also are there any performance parts for this 500? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have never owned a pwc before and was just wondering how good these Yamaha's are. They seem to run pretty darn good with no leaks or anything. Im looking for a cover for one of them that screws in the back where the fire extinguisher is. I have looked on Ebay and a few other places and cant seem to find any. Is there a good site that I can go on to buy this part? Also are there any performance parts for this 500? Thanks.
Just keep trying Ebay... Look at some of the other listings. You will find someone parting them out but not listing every part. Email them and see if they have it. Some of the smaller parts don't get listed due to cost. Not too many older PWC performance companies. I found that out after buying my first JS a couple months ago. GroupK has some stuff for older ski's.

Good luck...

Richard Z.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The old Waverunner 500s will never wow you with extreme performance, but they sure are fun to ride! Gotta love all that sliding around! I have a 89 Wavejammer with a 500 and I just can't seem to stay off the thing! I was thinking of upgrading the impellor or intake grate (if I can find one.) It already has a protec ride plate.

As far as realibility, once I finished putting her together (lots of time on Ebay,) The old Jammer starts perfectly every time. These old Yamahas are great machines!

Vesparider11 had it right about GroupK, they seem to have a lot of good stuff for vintage skis.

For covers try Ebay.

Enjoy your skis!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts