Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wanted to introduce myself. I bought my first jet skis last night. 2 1997 Seadoo SPX. They need some minor work, seats recovered, one needs a battery, and a key reprogrammed. I guess it was kinda stupid of me but I just assumed the trailer would fit in my garage. It's a few inches too wide. Not sure who designed a trailer larger than a garage door, but I guess I learned my first lesson.

I don't know much about jet skis, so I was glad to find some forums. I'm hoping to find some good advice and tips on caring for them. I'm sure you'll see me on here with questions in the future.

TommiWan

·
Registered
54 Posts
build a custom stand for the jetski that goes right on wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the idea. I figured my problem out last night. I wound up taking a saw to the trim around my garage, and was able to get them in. This spring I'll take some time and pretty up my handiwork, but for now it's a huge relief to have a place to put them.

I'm also in contact with a guy to get new seat covers, so I am very excited to get these things fixed up and on the water.

thanks again for the suggestion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm glad you figured something out. The seadoo SPX is a great ski. I have had a few in my time and I must say the handling is one aspect that stands out. If you need any handy help, just give me a PM and I can help ya out. Enjoy your anticipation to spring :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts