Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a 2004 f12x its great but i have some questions.
1 any maintenance for the jet pump?
2 i got it with 312 hours. is that alot or what would be considered alot of hours for this ski.
3. i hear a clunking sound at idle sounds like the impeller is tapping the housing but goes away once your not at a idle previous owner told me it was normal but i am not sure if it is.
4 were can i get a shop manual?

thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
The pump bearings need to be repacked after 200 hours the first time and less frequently once you get rid of the Honda Factory "Eco-Friendly" grease that came in it.
312 hours is not a lot if the oil is being changed at least every 50 hours.
Corrosion inside the engine bay/turbo area is the killer of most Hondas. it can be controlled with a frequent coating of CRC 656.
There are shop manuals that can be downloaded from the INET. Make sure they are 2004-2007 since the older models are different.
The rattling is from the necessay slack in the spline shaft, it does not hurt anything.
Enjoy your toy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The pump bearings need to be repacked after 200 hours the first time and less frequently once you get rid of the Honda Factory "Eco-Friendly" grease that came in it.
312 hours is not a lot if the oil is being changed at least every 50 hours.
Corrosion inside the engine bay/turbo area is the killer of most Hondas. it can be controlled with a frequent coating of CRC 656.
There are shop manuals that can be downloaded from the INET. Make sure they are 2004-2007 since the older models are different.
The rattling is from the necessay slack in the spline shaft, it does not hurt anything.
Enjoy your toy.
Where you put the CRC 656 exactly ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts