Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1999 Kawasaki STX 1100 and I was under the impression that Kawasaki didn't switch to oil injection until 2000. However this jet ski has an oil tank and gauge. It says right on the jet ski only mix oil into the gas during the break in period, and as it 10 years old its way past the break in period. So I have three questions. 1. What octane gas is best to use in this jet ski? 2. Is it true I don't have to mix gas and oil in this jet ski? 3. Is there anything this jet ski is known for that I should look out for?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased the same ski.Turned out it had a bad motor.had it rebuilt and here is what he told me.High test gas.He also recomends amsoil for 2 stroke oil.And no you dont have to add oil to the gas thats only for break in.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I agree with the previous poster. I have always run 93 octane in mine unless the State I was in only offered 91 octane as the highest. I have also only run the good brands of gas in my ski's. Mainly Shell but also Union 76, Chevron, Texaco and so forth. My 96' has well over 100 hours on it and the motor has never had anything go wrong with it. My Ultra 150 has 41 hours on it but the same goes for it too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts