Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Kawi Stx 15F, have had it since new up to about 200hours with no problems until now. The LCD display has just become distorted and I have been told it will need to be replaced at around $1500 (aust). Has anyone else had trouble/faults with their units or any suggestions as to how to avoid having to get another one replaced in a year or two?...
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kawasaki STX-15F LCD Display malfunction

I have a 06 Kawi Stx 15F, have had it since new up to about 200hours with no problems until now. The LCD display has just become distorted and I have been told it will need to be replaced at around $1500 (aust). Has anyone else had trouble/faults with their units or any suggestions as to how to avoid having to get another one replaced in a year or two?...
Thanks.
Hi, I too have an 06 Kawasaki STX-15F (two in fact). On one of my skis, the LCD screen went beserk rolling through different displays before finally going blank. The ski is now stuck in SLO mode with no display - absolutley useless. I understand this is not an uncommon problem for these Kawasaki machines. I know of other people with similar experiences. Would appear a Kawasaki design fault that allows water in to the supposedly sealed LCD display unit. I am not impressed with Kawasaki. Any one have any suggestions? A replacement unit in NZ is $1,610.00 - very expensive for something that should not fail after less than 100 hrs use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts