Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if I should buy 2 Kawasaki 650sx stand up jet skis for $350. They are years 87 and 89 and they both don't run. The one has many things parted out but the other is pretty much intact. I want to use both skis and make one good running ski. Both motors need rebuilds so I will have to purchase a top end kit for around $250. The dude says its just the cyclinders but im worried the cylinder walls are damaged or the crank to. Please provide any insight. Worth it or Not?

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just found out both motors are out of the skis. Is it hard to put back in without knowing what it looked like before? I will have nothing to reference back to.

And i don't live in cali, i live in pa. Sorry dude

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot for the links, there great. Do the cranks ever go bad, should i pick up some new bearings for it? My plan is to just buy new pistons clean out the engine and put it back together. I don't want to find that it needed more than that, and then i have to spend more money.

Anyway, what do you think of this?? It says it comes with everything to rebuild the top end including the pistons and head. Let me know what you think? Thanks

Kawasaki 650 Cylinder Exchange Top-End Kit -- SBT Jetski Engines, Parts & Accessories

What does this mean, "Rebuildable core cylinders required for exchange." Would i just have to mail them back all my old parts??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.