Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a guy selling a 1997 Kawasaki 750zxi and I was wondering if it was a good buy. He's asking $1500 for it and a trailer, I figure I can probably talk him down alittle more since it has been for sale a little while now. he says the trim doesn't work, but everything else is good. I don't know much about jetskis and was just wondering about it. thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like a pretty fair deal depending on condition and if it runs good. I just bought a 97 Zxi 750 for a little less than that but mine is not running right so that might be why he sold it to me so cheap.... :(

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sound OK on price, especially if its in good shape. Definitely check the compression, then get a test ride on-the-water. Get under that trailer with a flashlight, and look up into the intake. The impeller should be stainless steel with clean sharp leading edges, and minimal clearance to the wear ring. Ask about repairs / rebuilds / hours / collisions, etc. The trim motor might be opened up and cleaned / repaired. Water leakage via gasket, or bad actuator cable, are the usual culprits. They can be pricy, even used.
Many owners (me included) have just taken them out, sealed the hole, and made a fixed bracket to hold the nozzle at mid-trim. You might have to splice an in/out wire that passes juice on to the main e-box if you take the trim box out (Varies by model & year) This ski is a decent performer for 1 rider... a bit marginal for 2 adults. You don't need the trim motor if you mostly just run a single rider anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts