Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kawasaki 750SS Oil Injection

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a 1993 Kawasaki 750SS. What does everyone think about removing the oil injection system and just use an oil/fuel mix? And would I need to buY a cover plate or can I just drain the oil tank and remove the exsiting hose? Thanks for the info. :)

I have read and been told this is a smart thing to do on the older models to eliminate the possibly of the ski failing.

Any thoughts or experiences...:D

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
have u already done this modification? if so does it work well, is it hard to do, and what do i need to do it with if you recommend doin this modificatiion

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bob, I also have heard this is smart as there is no fail safe on the oil injector. Have you used yours in salt water. I have a 94 750 SS. Attached flush kit and started motor and ran water- shortly after running water the motor shut off and would not restart or spark. I attached the brass barb to the brass nob which had a rubber boot around it coming out fromn the head next to the spark closer to front of ski- correct place for water intake?

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
stevensonmotors said:
Kawasaki 750SS Oil Injection

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a 1993 Kawasaki 750SS. What does everyone think about removing the oil injection system and just use an oil/fuel mix? And would I need to buY a cover plate or can I just drain the oil tank and remove the exsiting hose? Thanks for the info. :)

I have read and been told this is a smart thing to do on the older models to eliminate the possibly of the ski failing.

Any thoughts or experiences...:D

Thanks,
Bob
very easy to do and smart
look on ebay for the block off kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts