Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new to this site and was wondering if any one could help. im looking to buy a new stand up and i cant decide between the kawasaki 800sxr or the yamaha superjet.. i wont be racing but want something i can go and thrash the hell out of in surf and flat water..
Wondering if anyone knew which is faster?( i see the kawasaki is 80hp but could not find a hp rating for the yamaha) how each of then handle compared to each other ?(i noticed the yamaha is lighter)and the big thing which one is the most reliable? (i want something that will take a thrashing)

If anyone has had any and good or bad experiences with either of these stand up s please let me know.. any input would be great. cheers

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Both ski's are great ski's and are both very reliable. The only 2 brands that I will ever buy are Kawasaki and Yamaha so either way you can't go wrong. The Kawasaki is probably going to be a little more faster but the Yamaha is probably going to be a tad more stable. Both ski's have not changed body designs drastically since the 90's. I have a 96' 750 SXI and the only big difference between it and the new stand ups is that the new Kawasaki has sponsons on the side for better steering and handeling whereas mine does not and the new stand up from Kawasaki has a slightly bigger motor.

With the Yamaha Superjet, when I was jet skiing all the time, on a daily basis practically, I remember that a lot of the professional riders preferred it over the Kawasaki because according to them, it was much more stable and easier to do stunts on and they liked it for racing in the rougher water. It's been a very long time since I have ridden a Superjet but I do remember that I did enjoy them as well. I used mine for wave jumping in the ocean and loved it. It did great. I also had several friends who had Supertjets and their did great as well so really, whatever model you choose, I think you will enjoy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts