Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi-
I was out riding my 2000 Kawasaki 1100 STX D.I and it blew the 5" rubberhose connecting to the exhaust so I took it home, disconnected all hoses and blew them out, and there was nothing blocking them. So i replaced that 5" rubber hose with a high-temp marine hose and after about 5 mins of riding, it still blew. I then purchases a new exhaust box ($300) and repaced the blown hose and it blew once more .. has anyone had this problem or know what I need to do to fix it?

I know a lot of people do not reply on here b/c their not registered users, but if you could e-mail me at [email protected] that would be awesome.

thanks in advance,

Josh

·
Registered
209 Posts
have you run an extra incoming cooling line?

id say run a pisser off your 3rd cylinder head to relieve the exhaust of some of the water/pressure.... or else get a stronger hose...... theres a company called FOX, not the bike stuff.... they make good strong rubber hoses in lots of diameters....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also kept melting my exhaust hose on a 1100stx. It was because water was not flowing in the hose and out the rear exhaust.

On top of the first front muffler there is a small elbow screwed in with a cooling hose attached to it. Unscrew it and look inside there. I had a small rock stuck in mine causing water not to flow into the exhaust itself. I stuck a small screwdriver in the hole to get the rock out. Make sure you get whatever was stuck in there, out of the exhaust before you start it.

Also check and see if the lines that run back from that muffler elbow are clear to the T elbow under the manifold.

If everything is clear, you should see water come out the exhuast when you flush it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts