Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, recently purchased a used stand up jet ski, I was told it is a 650, but wondering if there is a way to tell for sure what model it is? it has a lot of performance parts on it, pipe, ride plate, scoop, carb, air filter. I'm not sure if its worth getting it running or parting it out, either way I need to know what model it is.

thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
A few pictures would be very useful for helping i.d. what you've got.

550s and 440s have a little manufacturers label on the engine near the drive shaft coupling. I'm not sure if 650s have that or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I did some research over the weekend and looked up the hin # and its an 89 Kawasaki and the side of the cylinder has .655 cast into it, so I'm assuming its a 650.

I tried hooking up a battery booster to it and I got the bilge pump to work, but when I tried to crank it, I got nothing, not even a click??? is there some kind of switch or safety? I've seen lanyards on some of the other jet skis in pictures, but this one does not have one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well, I did some research over the weekend and looked up the hin # and its an 89 Kawasaki and the side of the cylinder has .655 cast into it, so I'm assuming its a 650.

I tried hooking up a battery booster to it and I got the bilge pump to work, but when I tried to crank it, I got nothing, not even a click??? is there some kind of switch or safety? I've seen lanyards on some of the other jet skis in pictures, but this one does not have one.
Just to the right of the start botton there is a knob, (starter interlock). Pull this knob out towards the right. If it is already out you will need to start testing the starter system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to the right of the start botton there is a knob, (starter interlock). Pull this knob out towards the right. If it is already out you will need to start testing the starter system.
Yes, I tried that knob, wasnt the problem, after doing some more testing, looks like the starter relay is bad. I jumped the terminals and it cranked, shot some starting fluid in the carb and it fired right up:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts