Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day. I have acquired a 440 js model. Got it started but I just have a very curious question which is giving me a hard time sleeping )

Okay...Near the face there is a plug made of steel where the starter sits and fly well (if there is one ). my question would be does it have engine oil and if so how much oil is needed. If nopt... reading other forums and questions regarding the 440 model. it has a "sealed Case" ...does thatv mean that the engine oil of the crank never changes or what happens if it leaks out. it would almost be impossible to notice. my apologies for the sort of irrelevant question... have a nice day. thank you :)

RENTON

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do not add motor oil there or anywhere else besides to your gas.
That plug is to access a timing mark on the flywheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what lubricates the crank. Don't tell me the journal is made from outer space and runs on nothing.

"Do not add motor oil there or anywhere else besides to your gas.
That plug is to access a timing mark on the flywheel."

Yes i know already. . .

The con rods and journal bearings spin in air? :appl:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Its a 2-stroke engine. They run on mixed fuel. 2-stroke "OIL" That is what will lubricate the roller bearings for your crank as well as the pistons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it's a 2 stroke engine, got 2 classics with the same engine.

Although the js does not have a separate container for the 2 stroke oil, instead pre-mix,, yes correct. But ehat you are saying is the gasoline mixed with the 2 stroke oil... Lubricates the roller bearings and conrods. which is ironic beacause gasoline or pre-mixed fuel enters into the chamber thus igniting the gases, but what you are saying is it also lubricates the bottom of the block.. Pls explain how does the gasoline seep through the piston rings flodding the crank thus lubricating the system which i may add is fuel/oil lubricating the bearings..it does not add up.

Again, what lubricates the crank/roller bearings?
You say the pre-mix gasoline coming from the gas tank. then there should be a line going to the crank which i don't see. Second, gasoline/oil cannot lubricate a bearing. It gioes against the laws of mechanical engineering.

Did i sound Cocky??? Yes... oh well Cheers :cheeky4:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Two Stroke Theory

Weird concept I know... but the bottom of the piston is used to move the air fuel mix around in the crankcase and ultimately up through the transfer port into the combustion chamber.
HTH

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Case closed...I rest my case...many thanks jleuck64 and to all. Now i can continue with my work on her, going for the original look or... Many thanks again...I miss the sea ) cheers

Or...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts