Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Why Kawasaki???

Ok I have sat back and watched this thread's posts to see what other's had to say. It's not because I ride Seadoos, that makes them a good choice. It's more about the companies that build them and their dealer network.

Okay first of all do you know who Seadoo is? Probably 1 out 5 people. Seadoo is part a division of Bombardier, called BRP, Bombardier Recreational Products, which produce Skidoo snowmobiles, thats something Kawasaki tried their hand at that in the late seventies and early eighties and failed miserably. I know I owned one as my first sled, friggin junk, Then I started buying Skidoo snowmobiles from 1985 thru 2004, about 15 different models with no major problems. So when I retired from sledding to Jet skis naturally I went with Seadoo because of who builds them and Austrian quality motors. The company behind BRP is even bigger than you could imagine Bombardier is in to highspeed trains,as well as many government projects.

Ok next who are the only two companies here can offer a full line of jet boats ah thats easy, Yamaha and Seadoo. Sign of strength and commitment to the sport.

Ok next dealer networks, Kawasaki is pale in comparision, I did some dealer searches and they have about 25% represention compared to Seadoo and Yamaha. Because a warranty doesn't repair sleds, dealers do!!!

So my customer experiences with Seadoo have been nothing but stellar. Because the dealer makes the difference. So when you purchase your ski you buying more than that with a Seadoo, your buying the dealer and the company behind it.

Know why Kawasaki isn't a good choice for me. Seen to many percentage wise braking down and on a tow rope headed home. Next all the negative posts of supercharged Ultras with blown motors i.e. broken crankshafts and blown pistons w/ pics and the owner saying Kawasaki gave them the middle finger warranty on new units.

So overall Kawasaki seems to be the least liked skis in the sport.

IMO in light of what is going on in Japan, Kawasaki will most likely be the next line of skis discontinued for cost poor market share. Proof in point. jump on the manufactuers forums and look at the numberes of people viewing them. Yamaha the most, Seadoo second and Kawasaki in a distant third.:dunno:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Seadoo awarded PWC of the year 2011

Just thought I would throw this in there. PWC TODAY selected the GTI 130 as PWC of the year due to innovative technology and fit and finish, Runner up was the Yamaha VXR for 2011. No Kawasakis mentioned including the 300X.:dunno::thumbsup:

·
Registered
811 Posts
;)Yes Seadoo does cover electronics during te warranty period, standard and ext. called BEST. I own the 2009 RXT-is 255 which has the electronic suspension as well. No problems to date with electronics. The old seadoo hull never blistered, now the new S-3 hull is even better, it is a deep V, stepped hull, the only one like it.

The biggest differences on the SE edtions is that they come with more user friendly features such as a boarding step, VTS trim, nicer seat and the Viper red or the Black, White and Orange.

The 155 hp VS the 130 hp. Both engines will work. But I would lean towards the 155 hp for more power and speed when riding two up or for towing tubes. The Yamaha VXR is faster but rides rougher and wetter due to the older style light hull. And is yesterdays technology. Yamaha has to play catch up because Seadoo is bearing down on them fast.

By The Way where are all the proud Kawasaki riders in this forum??????

·
Registered
811 Posts
Seadoo Rocks

Hey Outlaw...(i am now hijacking my own thread...LOL) I found a dealer here in central Missouri that has a new in the crate 08 RXP -X and RXT-X. Now I know one is 3 seat and one is 2 seat, but my real question is this....

The superchargers had issues with the ceramic rings i believe that were failing at a lower than expected hour rating. If the deal is right should i be afraid of buying these ski's? Should I have them ensure that the rings are the stainless variety straight away? Do you have any understanding as to why there were so many failures with the superchargers in the past, and do they use a newer type now verses the older models? I always assumed modifications and poor maintenance were behind failures more than not...that and riders being especially hard on the equipment because well it goes FAST....lol.

More power is always better in my book, but I keep feeling the need to stay away from the supercharged type because of the cost of failures that I have read about. Is it really all that prevalent or is it a case of only hearing the wost of the worst because people only post complaints in forums?

If you can weigh in on these questions that would be great. Feel free to just message me verses posting in the thread if that is more comfortable, or will keep admins from getting peeved.
No problem since there are no Kawaski people sticking up for the Jolly Green Giant 300 X.

You have found two beautiful skis, can't go wrong what is the asking prices?

I am a three seater guy my self, can do more with them i.e. towing a tube , more stable with passengers on board, and handle chop better.

Both are 255 hp and will do 68-70 mph. Seadoo stop using ceramic thrust washers in 2006. When I put my RIVA STAGE III kit on it came with stainless washers. Most of the complaints you heard are from inexperinced Jet Ski owners, on the older ones with ceramic washers you would incurr loss of power before the washers would let go, but most people didn't know what this meant and proceeded to trash the engine into failure, kinda like hearing something in you car but ignoring it. My 2008 GTX 215 is supercharged and hasn't missed a beat. My 2009 RXT-is is a supercharged 255 hp, never had a problem with the supercharger. Last but not least is the Beast from the East, my 2006 RXT which is heavily modified with RIVA parts and now pushing 300+ hp up from 215 hp, increased top speed from 68 mph to 76+ mph. It will idle and cruise all day long like a stocker. Now that is saying something for not only the supercharger but the whole engine and drive train.:thumbsup::appl:

Don't worry the admins love me heh, heh. With 438 posts there has been some I am not real proud of. But my Doc gave new meds so I am better now LOL.:laugh:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Ok these skis are new, never been registered and should come with factory warranty. If it was a used 2008 it would sell for around $9000.00 with a trailer. New with factory warranty add $2000.00 for $11,000 with a trailer. Even though it is new it is still a 2008. A new 2011 RXT is about 13,000 with no trailer. I would offer $10,000 up to $11,000.

Take the RXT you will like it better.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
811 Posts
I hope so!!!

I would love to see Outlaw's Rxt VS a 300x. If you do ever race one Bob have a third person film it and post it here.
We had our stuff out to do it Fathers day 3 of us rode and were hangin at the spot on the back river to do testing/ racing. We use a flagger and measured as close to 1,000' as we could measure. As it was there were some guys out but like Artic said when they hear the exhuast they back down, as it was I raced a 2009 RXT-X I believe it was stock. outta the hole I was 5 skis ahead by the time he got on plane, from there it just pulled real hard upto 8450 ish rpms, at approx 1000' they called it at 15 skis. The sound was very loud from the pipe and cold air. Once I made that pass no one else wanted to run so I flagged for other guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts