Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2004 STX-15F which I used 3 times last summer. It went into limp mode during one session and so I took it to be repaired, the shop replaced a sensor, which is apparently in charge of detecting if the craft has flipped over.

After that, all seemed good, but then I took it out again for about an hour, anchored up and when I returned it was back in limp mode again. There has been a light on when starting it - 'F1' appears on the display, other times nothing appears. It seems like an intermittent problem, when there's nothing on the display, it's not in limp mode either.

Does anyone have any idea on what I could check for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Reply to STX-15f

Hi, I own a 2008 ultra 250x and i'm also a professionally trained marine technician. The sensor you had changed is called a vehicle-down sensor. It cuts power from the fuel pump, fuel injectors, and ignition system when the ski tilts 110 to 130 degrees or pretty much flips over to prevent water injestion and engine damage. If the sensor was bad when they changed it your ski would not have ran at all. That sensor would not cause an intermittent problem. As for F1 showing up on the display, my service manual says it is indicating that the dfi system and ignition system parts are faulty and the ski is in fail safe.

>>> Put your ski in dealer mode by pushing both the set and mode button in for more than 3 seconds. (this is from the 2008 ultra 250x service manual but they are the same engine). It should show a service code on the screen for whatever the problem is. Then just press set or mode to exit the dealer mode. Let me know what it says and i will tell you what the code means. If you are in central florida I could check it out in person

·
Registered
6 Posts
limp mode Kx 1500 jet ski.

My ski is in limp mode and it says "OIL S" What does this code mean? It has oil so that is not the problem.:dunno:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts