Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, this is my second year with this Ski and i love it. My only problem is that it porpoises a lot. I have put on a TR Racing Intake grate and ride plate, that did help but it still 'Bops' quite a bit at higher speeds. Is thier anything else we can do to these guys to help prevent this.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Well, it's a stand up so it's going to porpoise no matter what; especially when you consider the gas tank is in the front of the ski. I am surprised it is doing that at higher speeds though. Mine does it at the lower speeds and especially if it is choppy out. You best bet is to try and stand further back in the tray to even out the weight displacement and hopefully that should help a little bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jaydawg, someone else recommended i put washers in between the ride plate and hull on the back screws to shim it and slightly change the angle. I am going to give that a shot. I will let you guys know my results.

Thanks
Beardo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Some times a ride plate that is a little longer to project a few more inches out towards the jet will help. A ride plate with skegs/fins may help with turns.

You never avoid the bounce on the stand ups because of the imbalance between the amount of power it produces, and the short hull which isn't long enough to displace the thrust and keep the ski level. Your best bet is to work on different feet/standing positions and practice leaning forward to put more weight out in front of the jet.

·
Registered
144 Posts
There is a company called JRE "Jet Race Engineering" and they have made pump wedges in 2degree increments. They can be installed to change the angle that the nozzle discharges. Some install them down for more pressure on the front of the ski. Others up, for freestyle and tricks.

I just lean over the the pole to get as much weight forward as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts