Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Ultra 250x. before i rode it would say 70 on speedo, now its only going 50ish. has a bogging sound. i dont think related to pump. there is a little collector tube that is there to check for water in intake. its filling with OIL. seems like the reeds maybe letting oil into the intake (the hoses on top of the cyclinder head cover). but i popped them off oil looks to be coming out of the one on the left. but i dont know if this is normal, or whats going on. it has 40hrs, idles and cranks without issue. should i expect reeds (i think they are called), how else could oil be getting into the cylinder? sometimes it opens up and goes normally but then back to bogging. before it would do this (last 3 times) for about 10 minutes and then be normal. today it ran strong right at first then back to bogging. any suggestions or clarifications needed? thank you...

guage shows full boost, and rpms are still up there maybe little less than normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DO NOT DRIVE IT ANYMORE! Take it to the dealer before you blow the whole engine! My 2007 Ultra 250X is at the dealer for the exact same problem. Low compression because the rings are failing. #3 Cylinder is failing. It only has 39 hours on it! They are tearing apart the engine now to check cylinders and pistons for serious damage. They have another Ultra 250X with a totally blown engine stemming from the same problem. No help from Kawasaki Corporate. This will be my LAST KAWASAKI EVER. I expected more from a Japanese Company. There are many more who have had the same problems due to poor engine design, defective parts or both. Stay away from Kawasaki in the future!!! Mine is being repaired at McGinley Kawasaki in Highland, IL. McGinley Inc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i believe i have narrowed it down to this: when i recently changed oil i added too much oil. this caused backflow some how into the intake box where i could see in check tube. my intercooler was really gunked up with foamy oil so i removed flushed and swished with gasoline and then water. i replaced the spark plugs and adjusted the oil level. today it was running as it should hitting '70'. there was no oil in the clear tube and i was running it hard. all looks good

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just a note about reeds. They are for two stroke reed case engines with reed cages. Since your ski is four stroke I highly doubt you have reeds.

GOOD LUCK with your Kawasaki

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a note about reeds. They are for two stroke reed case engines with reed cages. Since your ski is four stroke I highly doubt you have reeds.

GOOD LUCK with your Kawasaki

Thanks outlaw, I don't believe the larger jet skis like the kawasakis have reeds, you are right, i don't know if the dews do. BTW words of wisdom based on experience you may want to keep the small skis out of the open water.
i literally about ran over one of those bouncy Dews, looks like he was having the time of his life literally hovering above the seat in a superman position across the chop but i about ran him over when one of the waves threw the little craft about 15 feet to the left, he probably pooped him self seeing the larger kawasaki still maintaining its course despite the chop. just be careful out there those little skis just DON'T belong. period.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Rofl please stop

Thanks outlaw, I don't believe the larger jet skis like the kawasakis have reeds, you are right, i don't know if the dews do. BTW words of wisdom based on experience you may want to keep the small skis out of the open water.
i literally about ran over one of those bouncy Dews, looks like he was having the time of his life literally hovering above the seat in a superman position across the chop but i about ran him over when one of the waves threw the little craft about 15 feet to the left, he probably pooped him self seeing the larger kawasaki still maintaining its course despite the chop. just be careful out there those little skis just DON'T belong. period.
That is extremely funny, I was being nice but you want it ok. First of all do your home work all of my Seadoo's are three seat 4 strokes with superchargers. No reed engines and they all weigh as much if not more than your Jap Slap. If we met on open water you would be toast. My 2009 RXT-IS with active suspension and S3 stepped hull eats up chop wide open. My 2006 RXT with the RIVA Stage III kit smokes new FZR Yamahas so I guess your ski runs faster than 75 MPH LOL. I wish I would see more of the rice burners from the rising sun. Cause the Austrian motors are far superior. The last Kawasaki 260 I smoked with 06 Rxt needed counseling. So please don't embarass yourself by thinking your rice burner would hang.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
2 Posts
kawasaki ultra 250x

I have fliped my jet ski couple of times and every time water got in my engine and mixed with oil,
is there a way to block water from entring the engine or something, Im tired of changing oil and oil filter, spark plugs every time I flipp the Jet ski
Im fliping it back like it shows on the picture and in the manual.
but i still get water.
the guys at the dealer told me that PWC its made to be on water not under water.
well I think if accident happens i should atleast get to the shore.

please help me, if any one have some problems like this, how to fix it
thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going to buy a 2008 Kawasaki Uktra 250X SUPERCHARGED Jet Ski, new trailer included, with 82 hour for $5,500. Looks new and all the maintenance was done at the dealer, is that a good price?

·
Super Moderator
5,059 Posts
Do some research on the 250. It was not the best ski they developed. They got better with the 260, and had most fixed by the 300.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts