Personal Water Craft Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi guys, I'm interested in buying a new 300x, is the service expensive compared to Yamaha??
It depends on what service you are talking about. There is a warranty for a New one. I would be more worried about finding a good dealer first. Kawasaki's dealer network is a beg.

Good Luck'
OUTLAW :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI the sea doo and kawi weigh the same. The kawasaki lists theirs with full fuel, oil, etc, sea doo lists theirs DRY. There is maybe 25lbs real difference. Thats 2.5% roughly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is always a ski doo or yo-mama-ha guy that wants to get beligerent. They sell more skis because they have a plethora of cheaper models and lots of bells and whistles like brakes, suspension, etc. Kawasaki has 2 models, basically. You can get a 2011 with 300 horse for under $11k. The $15,999 RXP + $3000 in upgrades that void the warranty to get the same horses just doesnt make sense unless you just have a hard on for ski doo. And my 2003 carburated 1100 smokes new yamahas, so dont even consider them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi guys, I'm interested in buying a new 300x, is the service expensive compared to Yamaha??
Service intervals are more frequent with Kaw, but not more expensive. One of the main complaints with the ski has been the so-called "exhaust filter" (essentially a demister or condensate trap). It also costs a few hp, so I removed mine. If you ride in fresh water you shouldn't have any issues, as long as you blow the water box out thoroughly after a ride

·
Registered
35 Posts
But just as an update the 300x does not run with my ski in stock form.
Yeah, on glass - in any kind of chop (i.e. typical conditions on a busy weekend) your Sea Poop is a distant spec in my rearview. Happy to prove it. Again, top speeds on glass mean nothing and off-shore endurance races prove that time and time again, it's all about hook-up (or lack thereof), and the 300 has the best hook-up of any stock ski, hands down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
sea doo just re doo next year

Best reason I can give you is because Supercharged Kawaski Jet Skis have a reputation for being undependable JUNK. My 2006 Seadoo RXT w/RIVA stage III kit will smoke it @ 295 hp.:laugh:
take your re doo and use it for what its good for an anchor!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Service intervals are more frequent with Kaw, but not more expensive. One of the main complaints with the ski has been the so-called "exhaust filter" (essentially a demister or condensate trap). It also costs a few hp, so I removed mine. If you ride in fresh water you shouldn't have any issues, as long as you blow the water box out thoroughly after a ride
hey whats up with the exhaust filter and how often do u have to change it

·
Registered
811 Posts
take your re doo and use it for what its good for an anchor!!!
Now thats funny considering how heavy your boat anchor is :laugh:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts