Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1994 Kawasaki Xi SS and I am wondering some modifications that I could do to it to make it faster and handle better. The ski runs great the only problem we had with it was the previous owner had beached it before and rocks were jamming the impeller, after cleaning those out it ran fine although the impeller may be scuffed, bent, scratched and who knows what. Just let me know of some upgrades that I could do to it that will improve it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you tell me some sites i can go to for the carb, intake, and exhaust parts and what are some things i can do to this type of jet ski in those areas? i know you can get different reeds and stuff like that but other than that i dont have a clue. thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wat size carbs wuld be best? im not sure wat size they are right off hand but i think there 40 something. any help with size wuld be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
kawasakixiss said:
I just bought a 1994 Kawasaki Xi SS and I am wondering some modifications that I could do to it to make it faster and handle better. The ski runs great the only problem we had with it was the previous owner had beached it before and rocks were jamming the impeller, after cleaning those out it ran fine although the impeller may be scuffed, bent, scratched and who knows what. Just let me know of some upgrades that I could do to it that will improve it.
Dont mess with the carbs just yet..
First off you will need to get an aftermarket impeller (solas or skat)Then I would do the intake grate.
These are always the first mods to be done..
If you have damage to your impeller you need to start with that..
If nothing else inspect it for chips and marks,These will cause cavitation..
If the carbs have not been cleaned in a while or ever that needs to be done..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts