Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I am putting this in the right place. I have read several other starters with different types of skis that say this same thing. My Kawasaki 750 runs well for about 10 to 15 mins then cuts off and won't crank back. The battery is not run down and will turn over but it won't crank. The next day I can crank the ski. Last summer it did this and would not do anything. I did find my battery was weak, but charged it put it back in and nothing. Like a kill switch was on. It was not locked up and simply quit. So I had a friend with some mechanical skills trace the wiring and said the solenoid was bad. I replaced it with a tractor solenoid (a car one would not work). After getting the solenoid fixed this issue I have now started taking place. The ski simply cuts off after about 10 minutes. I was told the coil is probably bad but I don’t know the specs on the coil or how to test a coil. The cutting off problem seems to be common. Does anyone know where to find specs for these coils and how to test them? Where should I get a coil? What model coils will work on my 750 zxi? How much is it going to cost me? How do I tell if it's the coil or the igniter? Is there a way to check the igniter? I also have trouble with the trim motor... Any help on that? my e mail is agooser26 at hotmail if you want to contact me directly. Thanks in advance for any information.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts