Personal Water Craft Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
I actually went into the test ride thinking I was going to be really impressed with the top speed and during the ride I couldn't get over how fast it accelerates:eek:

Maybe a scoop grate would keep it digging?

I have the RIVA intake grate on mine and I did notice a difference in chop with the RIVA grate. But mine will still start skipping in chop at high speeds. I have to lean over the wind screen for a good take off when racing due to enormous bow lift. Kinda like sleds.:ShowLetter18:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Review of my 08 rxt

I FINALLY got a chance to get the new toy out on the water! :thumbsup: I put a solid 3 hours of riding time on it about 1/2 with my girlfriend riding along and the other half more aggressive riding by myself and this is my opinion of what the boat is like.

As previously stated, the thing PULLS HARD on accelleration. I was even being nice to the GF and saying "hang on" before I would give it WOT and she must not have believed what was going to happen because she was falling back and catching herself by nearly pulling me back with her on the first few launches :D After that, she realized when I say "hang on" it means "hang the F on". :D

This 3 seater is SPORTY and by that I mean that it sure seems to handle well and can make you forget that there is A LOT of boat behind your ass that you're carrying along. I could stay as dry or as wet as I wanted to based upon how I fed it throttle and steering. We rode quite a while and stayed completely dry (because the air was a little cool at first) you could even take some bigger waves with just a slight spray. When I was by myself, I had the whole ski completely submerged by spinning into a wave and dipping the shoulder forward and into the turn AND I was able to keep it upright and ride away.:D I guess I would have to ride one to see but I can't believe that there is much advantage (if any) to having a RXP instead :dunno:

The water was pretty rough and this thing goes well unless you hit the rollers from a boat pulling out to plane. Then you can get some pretty rough hits but it's tolerable and I found while riding solo that standing allows you to negotiate these better or atleast it feels that way. One thing that I would like is an adjustable handlebar. You could probably get a little more crazy with this thing if the bars were up and forward a bit but maybe I'm off :)

Overall, it seems like a very fun rig with a ton of power. I'll probably keep it for a while :laugh:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I forgot to mention. I HATE THE F'N BEEPER

41 - 43 of 43 Posts