Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my friends dad gave me a 97 gp760 for nothing, the catch, its been sitting for a few years and its locked up. Is there any special way i should go about this or just spray some penetrating oil between the pistons and their cylinders and try n tap the piston down with a rubber mallet? I am a total noob to skis but far from mechanically challenged. Just wondering if there is any specific procedure.
I will post pics tomorrow hopefully for all to see.
ANDY

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
he already had the head off, i started tearing into the pump unit tonight and as soon as i got the impeller off i grabbed ahold of the coupler behind the motor and the motor spun free. i put the head back on and now i'm stuck, i got everything off the rear and the impeller isnt frozen, its something inside. i have the bolts out of the aluminum housing below and it wont come off, do i have to take the bolts off the housing holding the bearing behind the motor??? if i put the impeller and pump back on nothing turns but once i take it back out everything turns free, im confused.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok the impeller is rubbing the housing its in, the bearing inside the case is pretty worn out too, but i got the battery charged and it actually fired once after sitting for aa few years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts