Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
came across a waveraider 1100 for sale. Guy said it has compression, fuel, and spark, just won't start. He put a new CDI and a new starter but still won't catch. He said he left water in it and also put a little oil in it for winterization. He said the other day he turned it upside down and some milkey water came out. What should I be looking at if I want to buy this thing? What do you think it will take to get it started? New to the forum and appreciate any help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
for any kind of motor to start. you need fuel and spark. basicly. if it's getting both and still not then time to check compression, wich you have stated it is. in my experiance (more so with jeeps lol) if it still wont start. not sure how this works with PWC but sometime's i've had it work to drop a LITTLE fuel into the carb. i wouldnt try this untill someone more experianced with PWC chimes in. because one again marine motors are diffrent. next time you go look at it take a look at the plugs and wires. ask when the last time it had a tune up. my stepdads 1100 is hard to start sometimes. hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts