Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 00 GTX and an 02 GTI, I keep them in the garage during the winter, but I was looking to find some info on what to do to winterize them this fall?

Owners manual is failry limited with information

·
Registered
163 Posts
For 2-strokes it's a fairly simple process to winterize them... Really all you need to do is add some gas stabilizer to the tank, get as much water out of the exhaust as you can and then fog the engine. Fogging the engine is simply spraying fogging oil down the throat of the carbs until the engine cuts off.

The last thing to do is remove the battery and connect it to a smart charger that will cycle it to keep a fresh charge on it through out the winter months.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
let me ask a dumb question, I did my GTI (it has a carb) but my other sea doo is fuel injected (RFI ?) so do I just need to spray the fog oil in the spark plug holes? or is there some place else it (fog oil) needs to also be applied?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Simply spray the fogging oil into the engine through the air intake. This will ditstibute it completely through-out the engine's internals. The engines are the same, it's just how the fuel is supplied thats different.

**Of course this is assuming you're not talking about a 4-stroke!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no its a 2 stroke (2000 GTX)

Thanks though. Of course if I had known it would still be 60 degrees here in Atlanta late November, I would have ridden once or twice more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts