Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New/Used, price range, intentions (speed, towing, jumping, 2-3 person), salt or fresh water??

I"m looking for a used jet ski in the range of 1500-3000, would want the best value.
3 person preferably but 2 would be okay if I had to.
It will be used in salt water.
I am not looking for one to be super fast, just enough to still have a good time.
Also would want one that is fairly reliable as I am not too handy when it comes to fixing them.

Does anyone have suggestions of certain jet skis I should be looking for?

·
Registered
111 Posts
id suggest a yamaha or kawasaki. they seem to be more reliable than most.

dont expect on NEVER having to work on it though, especially if you get something with some age to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a 2003 waverunner xlt 800 for $3,500 (i live near Tampa Bay). Is there anything i should be weary of about this model...it has about 60 hours on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know you said you are not handy, but there are tons of used PWCs at Crashedtoys.com - Repo and Salvage motorcycles, snowmobiles, boats, campers and more. As the name states, most have some type of damage, but a good amount have nothing but cosmetic damage. They also get a bunch of repo units, too.

You're going to saves a big chunk of cash buying from there. Might have to put a few more bucks into it once bought, but you'll still be saving hundreds of dollars, if not thousands.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I suggest you find yourself an older Sea-Doo GTX 3 seater! They are very stable in the water and pretty reliable! all two strokes have their problems here and there, check your compression before you buy any brand of ski, and you probably will not find a 4 stroke for that kind of money!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I suggest you find yourself an older Sea-Doo GTX, they are really stable on the water, all two strokes have their problems here and there but for the most part they are a good starter ski! check the compression on any ski prior to purchase! the 800 xlt will not be a very good ski for any type of towing as the c ooling system is not desingned to cool during towing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts