Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
newB...need help-looking at used waverunners

I am looking at the following jetskis...any feedback on these models, the price or gas usage

2002 Seadoo GTX Limited Edition 3 Seater, 62 hours @ $5200
2003 Yamaha 140xlt Curse Master, 41 hours @ $5500

I have riden before but not owned and looking to get into 2 used ones...not sure if this is a good deal or not

Thanks - N

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
What engine is in the GTX, the 800 RFI, the 951, or the 4-tec (four stroke?)

As far as the Yamaha goes I am not sure what model that is? Perhaps the FX140?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know...when i talked to him I forgot to ask. His ad states 155 hp and not sure that tells you anything. I will need to call again tomorrow and ask...what should I be looking for

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
If it's 155hp I am almost certain it's the 4 stroke. I have no experience with 4 strokes but I can tell you these are very reliable because they have no supercharger. The price is a bit high. Book value is $4300 and remember that's a starting point most watercraft sell for below book.

2002 Sea-Doo GTX 4-Tec 3-Pass Value - Kelley Blue Book

Hopefully someone who knows their SeaDoo 4 tecs will chime in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking at the following jetskis...any feedback on these models, the price or gas usage

2002 Seadoo GTX Limited Edition 3 Seater, 62 hours @ $5200
2003 Yamaha 140xlt Curse Master, 41 hours @ $5500

I have riden before but not owned and looking to get into 2 used ones...not sure if this is a good deal or not

Thanks - N
Does anyone know when the new model year Vx's are introduced?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Does anyone know when the new model year Vx's are introduced?
2005 = VX first year produced. New model 2011 VXs were just introduced yesterday officially. New for this year are VXR and VXS models, which are basically a standard VX with Yamaha's largest (1800cc) engine crammed inside. It ought to be a rocket out of the box, with lots of room for upgrades for guys that want to go fast on a budget.

No such beast as a 2003 140XLT Cruise Master. There was a 2003 FX140, and there was a 2003 XLT1200. Sounds like you are mixing them together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts