Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To begin I am a novice to this recreation. I have never owned a jetski or boat, but I feel now is the time with prices so cheap. I'd like a Yamaha and I found a used one in a good pricerange. Its a 95' raider. My questions are:
1. What would you pay for it?
2. Any noticeable flaws?
3. Is this model notorious for repairs?
4. Can you tow an inner tube on the back?

Thanks,

Adam

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hope this helps...

Don't know if it is right for you or not but I will tell you what I know about it. I have a 700 Wave Raider Deluxe which looks like the one in your pic but not 100% sure. Either way it is a very fun ski for 1 person and can carry two but if you are anywhere near the max weight of 353 pounds and the water is a little choppy it can be like riding a bike. As long as you are moving above idle it will balance just fine. Mine tops out around 52mph which is plenty fast for anyone. It corners well and will actually turn on a dime with some practice. As for towing a tube I am sure it will do but don't get caught. There are only a couple of places in the whole US of A that it can be done legally. Tennessee is one and on the Ohio river in Indiana is another that I know of. Most states require 3 seater minimum to tow anything(place for the skier, spotter and driver). With mirrors the two seater is fine for the above mentioned places. Check with your state DNR. Price is all over the place depending on condition but I would say around $1000 for a good running machine and good trailer. Check your local laws on the trailer if it must have a title in the state where it was purchased. If so you will need it for registration. So many people sale them with a bill of sale, no title or never register them. there are ways around it but can be a big hassle. Good luck with the ski as I do enjoy mine...Flaws with them I am clueless and a newbie as well. I am actaully have a small issue with mine at the moment. Tends to cut out once in a while but will start back up. Hope I find a simple solution soon. Happy riding....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just remember your compression checks! lube, proper air and ignition, thats your basics!! this is a pretty tough ski, but I will remind you it is not a boat leave your water toys behind!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts