Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I'm new to skis but I know forums are the way to go when it comes to performance knowledge.. I'm looking to spend between 3-4k on a used jetski but bein a guy I have to be able to compete with/outrun my girlfriend's 05/06 turbo F12X.. Any ideas?

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you're looking for a 4-stroke in that price range, maybe an older Yamaha FX 160 or a Kawasaki 15f. I've heard they're a couple mph faster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm. I've seen a few cheaper Ultra 150's through the internet/craigslist and I wasn't sure if a two stroke was the way to go.. My friend mentioned that they break down frequently and something about mixing the oil?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I have an Ultra 150 and I do not have to pre mix anything. My Ultra 150 is yet to be beat by anything. Yes there are jet ski's that will beat it but not to many. If you find one in good condition, get it. I have never had a single problem with mine and 2 strokes are way easier to work on than 4 strokes. Parts are cheaper too. The boat is also going to be much lighter. I was looking at a new Ultra 260X a few weeks back and while it is supercharged, and is putting out an extra 100 horsepower or so, it is a lot heavier than my ski and from my understanding, it is also around the same speed. The new Ultra 260X is probably quicker off of the line though but if you are looking to buy used to beat your girlfriend, I would highly recommend an Ultra 150 that has been taken care of!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh sweet! Haha I was hopin the 150 would Be like that.. So Jay you don't mix anything at all? I've seen some cool performance upgrades too.. Will your 150 run 67 or so?

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, hand down for that price what you need is a yamaha gp1200r or a kawaisaki ultra 150.
For $4,000 you can pick up a low hours GP1200r that will will blow the doors off of your girlfriends honda. Yamaha is proven a much better PWC than a honda. Honda's and polaris are at the bottom of the totem pole as far as pwc performance goes. The GPR offers more aftermarket parts than any other jet ski to date.

CHECK OUT Green Hulk Personal Watercraft Performance Forums !!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good. Is the yamaha a 2stroke too? I'm guessin the Yamaha is light like the Ultra150 also, and as far as performance parts go that's sick that the Yamaha has the most perf. Parts.. Cuz that's somethin I'd like to do down the line. Which one of the two would be a better choice? The gf's honda runs 67 ski speedometer speed but itd be nice to be runnin 70mph gps speed myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The GP1200R, like I said no disrespect to pwcforum.com but check out Greenhullk.net It is a million more times more helpful with any questions or problems you have about anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts