Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Did you get your problem fixed? Which ski was fixed? Probably the reprogramed one.

Did the dealer check the supercharger hoses under full load?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry fellas.....These skis are a piece of crap...I have been out 4 times and all 4 times 1 of the skis have came back in with electrical problems..Never again will i buy sea doo..................

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sorry fellas.....These skis are a piece of crap...I have been out 4 times and all 4 times 1 of the skis have came back in with electrical problems..Never again will i buy sea doo..................
Let me know when you want to dump them I will buy at least one. I would love a good deal on one. IMO Seadoo makes the best skis.........sorry about your luck.

Look at the posts, a brand new FX SHO total blown engine @ 14.5 hours. Point is every manufactuer will have some problems, it's how many, how bad and how they recitfy the problem. I truly believe the right dealer makes all the difference.:git:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get what you are saying but dam, 4 times out 4 different problems..$28,000 and you can have both with Triton trailer.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Let me know when you want to dump them I will buy at least one. I would love a good deal on one. IMO Seadoo makes the best skis.........sorry about your luck.

Look at the posts, a brand new FX SHO total blown engine @ 14.5 hours. Point is every manufactuer will have some problems, it's how many, how bad and how they recitfy the problem. I truly believe the right dealer makes all the difference.:git:

I agree I've heard of many people having problems with the Kawasaki Ultra 250/260s too. So like you said there is no perfect PWC. These modern machines have just as much computers and electronics on board as cars it's no wonder sometimes those things fail.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I too have lost faith, BUT!

I had 8 sea-doo PWCs form a 2004 4-tec all the way up to a 2010 RXT260 with the freeky suspension seat. Until THIS YEAR i never had a problem.....
This Year:
We traded a 2004 4-tec in for the new 2010 Yellow (like a lemon:) ) seadoo 260HP RXT w/ freeky suspension ski, MISTAKE! Got $2700 for old ski, new ski @ 1 hour BEEP BEEP BEEP threw a code and beeped constantly, i forget what it was, Riva said, it is normal and cleared the code... I am like, OK. @ 2.5 hours BEEP BEEP BEEP another code, OTAS light flashing, etc etc etc, dealer says hmm neve seen this before, clear the code. @ 2.6 hours, BEEP BEEP BEEP, and we say screw this because it was way more unstable, the steering squeeked like an old Chevy (dealer said this is normal too), salt water was flooding the electronics through the new rear hatch, and the engine was I-M-P-O-S-I-B-L-E to work on because it was completely encapsolated(dealer says an ADDIDTIONAL $120 to change the frigging oil!), so we trade for a new 2010 Yamaha SHO FX Cruiser, loosing $1300. The result of that deal was the 14.5 hour catastrophic engine failure Outlaw is refering too!

Now here is some more fun facts! In-between the 2010 see doo and the Yamaha failure we traded a 2007 Seadoo 215 SC/IC wake ski that ingested a supercharger washer (Dealer said this is normal too) for another FX SHO(yet to have any problems with this one)!

Oh and one more! Come back to Missouri and my other 2007 Seadoo SC/IC Wake ingested a gallon of water while i rode it because the IC did not drain properly and froze/broke over the winter (ALWAYS ANTIFREEZE THE IC!!!!)!

I think the best bet is to paddle LOL!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Dude sounds like you have bad carma.

Ok now it's Seadoos turn huh? I have never seen the likes of problems you have. I own a 2009 RXT-IS, the proper name. Either you had a substandard dealer or just another big dose of bad luck or bad carma.

MY Seadoos have served me very well, even the radical 2006 RXT RIVA STAGE III with close to 300 HP which runs 75 mph @ 76 hours. My 2008 GTX 215 which is a RXT 215 on the inside has never missed a beat @ 53 hours.My 2009 RXT-IS never had a problem until I twisted the driveshaft spline at 29 hours, or course I drive it like a MX bike. Which Seadoo replaced for free. The suspension works very well either in auto mode or manual, the new S-3 hull is great. It does have a slightly higher center of gravity due to the suspension, making it a little more tippy at idle only. Whats this 57 chevy crap, my steering is flawless no squeaks. There is no way any of your skis would keep pace in open water with the RXT-IS guess everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Any problems I have my dealer J&J Watercraft is quick to fix or over the phone assistance. Heck I even go jet skiing with them.

Maybe you should go to Kawasaki :laugh: and try out their FINE MACHINES.

Where is that Ernest?????

Watching your posts is liking watching the movie "DUDE WHERE'S MY CAR"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Damn..glad I went with Yamaha....LOL...sorry for your troubles there. I looked at Sea Doo and ended up getting a Yamaha FZR...damn..I love it...super bad ass and fast.....smoken fast and handles like a dream...good luck there crazybob

·
Registered
811 Posts
Damn..glad I went with Yamaha....LOL...sorry for your troubles there. I looked at Sea Doo and ended up getting a Yamaha FZR...damn..I love it...super bad ass and fast.....smoken fast and handles like a dream...good luck there crazybob
Well dude if your ski is stock it ain't all that. Be prepared to get your wallet out for mods. I eat stock FZR' S for breakfast with a 2006 Seadoo RXT RIVA STAGE III @ 295HP tops out at 75 mph with a hole shot that is insane. Your ski runs out at 67 mph. Check it on Riva's website for yourself. So back off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lighten up there Outlaw...its all relative to what you are use to....I got mine to 70mph and I think its pretty quick....a lot of it is in the handling also....its also lighter than most of its size......I haven't done much to it yet but i am sure with some mods it will be there right with ya....give me 6 months and then we can talk again.....

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I had 8 sea-doo PWCs form a 2004 4-tec all the way up to a 2010 RXT260 with the freeky suspension seat. Until THIS YEAR i never had a problem.....
This Year:
We traded a 2004 4-tec in for the new 2010 Yellow (like a lemon:) ) seadoo 260HP RXT w/ freeky suspension ski, MISTAKE! Got $2700 for old ski, new ski @ 1 hour BEEP BEEP BEEP threw a code and beeped constantly, i forget what it was, Riva said, it is normal and cleared the code... I am like, OK. @ 2.5 hours BEEP BEEP BEEP another code, OTAS light flashing, etc etc etc, dealer says hmm neve seen this before, clear the code. @ 2.6 hours, BEEP BEEP BEEP, and we say screw this because it was way more unstable, the steering squeeked like an old Chevy (dealer said this is normal too), salt water was flooding the electronics through the new rear hatch, and the engine was I-M-P-O-S-I-B-L-E to work on because it was completely encapsolated(dealer says an ADDIDTIONAL $120 to change the frigging oil!), so we trade for a new 2010 Yamaha SHO FX Cruiser, loosing $1300. The result of that deal was the 14.5 hour catastrophic engine failure Outlaw is refering too!

Now here is some more fun facts! In-between the 2010 see doo and the Yamaha failure we traded a 2007 Seadoo 215 SC/IC wake ski that ingested a supercharger washer (Dealer said this is normal too) for another FX SHO(yet to have any problems with this one)!

Oh and one more! Come back to Missouri and my other 2007 Seadoo SC/IC Wake ingested a gallon of water while i rode it because the IC did not drain properly and froze/broke over the winter (ALWAYS ANTIFREEZE THE IC!!!!)!

I think the best bet is to paddle LOL!
You owned 7 trouble free Doos and 8th one threw a code so you got rid of it? You sound like the type who is never satisfied with anything. Ironic that the Yamaha you traded it in for blew at motor at 14 hours. Kind of makes the OPAS light on the Doo now seem like nothing now?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Ok now it's Seadoos turn huh? I have never seen the likes of problems you have. I own a 2009 RXT-IS, the proper name. Either you had a substandard dealer or just another big dose of bad luck or bad carma.
QUOTE]

I have been buying sea-doos since 2004, kawasaki before that, I have a early 2004 Kawasaki 1200R, still runs, fast as hell, but propouses madly! I think the best hull on the water is the 2004-2009 Seadoo 4-tec hull, it is stable, and handles rough water perfectly. I wuold have never bought a Yamaha until my 2010 Seadoo as the dealer more or less told me AFTER the sale seadoo has decided not to cover any extended warranty in the state of Florida, AND getting ANY warranty parts out of them was next to impossible because they blame everything on the customer/salt water.THe 2010 IS is absolutely not a salt water machine! The one i got really was a lemon, you have no idea. I hate to say it, but even though Yamaha customer service is horrid, they make GOOD MACHINES. What happened to me was BAD LUCK! Do a google search for Yamaha engine failure. Then do a search for Sea-Doo supercharger failure :) They do not make the machines they used to.
FYI i do not blame Sea-Doo for the IC freeze, but they could have mentioned the problem in the manual!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Lighten up there Outlaw...its all relative to what you are use to....I got mine to 70mph and I think its pretty quick....a lot of it is in the handling also....its also lighter than most of its size......I haven't done much to it yet but i am sure with some mods it will be there right with ya....give me 6 months and then we can talk again.....
Hey dude didn't mean to go off like that. You have a very nice, ski probably the fastest stock deal. I just wanted you to know where you stood in the food chain. Sure you drop the coin, like I did and you can beat my ski because it is a three seater. Riva stage three kit on your ski will do 80 mph. I talk to the Riva guys at least monthly. I didn't want you to think that all Seadoo's are dogs. It's nice having a 2006 sleeper. I honestly don't know why these other guys are having problems. But my stable runs well. Maybe because this forum is for pissing and moaning. I would rather focus on all the good times my skis have shown me.

Catch ya on the Flip Side :jester:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Seadoo goes the extra mile

Just thought I would share an example of why I will never buy any ski but Seadoo. I had my 2009 RXT-IS down at the shore earlier this month when after some extreme riding I spun the driveshaft. Splines were stripped. I purchased it at the early part of June 2009. I took it back to my dealer who was a great advocate for me in getting Seadoo to cover the total repair without any crap two months out of warranty. They replaced driveshaft and impeller in under two weeks and I am back on the water at no expense to me. Sorry about the rest of your all's luck.

Very satisfied with Seadoo and my Dealer J & J Watercraft. :appl:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well....OUTLAW...I already put out some $$$$ for mine but this is and was not about omparing who had the biggest..baddest and fastest....if I had unlimited funds i am sure I could smoke most out there...thats not what i am here for. It's not like I ride to top out my ski every time i go out. I bought it for the handling more than anything. It is extremely respondsive to me...wasn't tryin to knock you or sea doo. I think it is like anything else...I can spend 300,000 on a Bentley and still have problems...it's all about the Dealers and Manufacturers and how they handle the warranty and service.
I got mine as I knew someone at the dealership that made me a deal on a demo that I just couldn't pass up.....its all good..sea doo...yamaha...we all are here for the same thing......enjoy the water...have some fun .......

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well fellas now its back in the dealer again with a IBR module that went bad..I am so glad I spent $30,000 on these 2 ski's. I am having a blast making new friends at the dealer..lol.

Outlaw, I am glad you have good luck but unfortunately I have talked to a lot that don't have so much luck..consider yourself lucky..I love my ski's but with in 10 hours its been in the shop 4 times..both ski's for different problems.:dunno:

·
Registered
811 Posts
well fellas now its back in the dealer again with a IBR module that went bad..I am so glad I spent $30,000 on these 2 ski's. I am having a blast making new friends at the dealer..lol.

Outlaw, I am glad you have good luck but unfortunately I have talked to a lot that don't have so much luck..consider yourself lucky..I love my ski's but with in 10 hours its been in the shop 4 times..both ski's for different problems.:dunno:
Ok Crazy Bob, by the way my name is Bob also, I am glad you wrote back. For the first time you said you love your skis. You should, you have the baddest three seaters on the market. I love the RXTX. I know it is annoying to have the investment with mixed results. But at the end of day you will get your issues resolved and still have the coolest performance ski on the market. If you continue to have unresolved issues, I would consider looking at a second dealer. Like I said earlier I would take one off your hands next season. But, I don't think you want to do that.

Anyways I hope your luck changes for the better............:cool:

·
Registered
811 Posts
What a small world

Well Crazy Bob it looks like you are using the same dealer as me now. I was just up at J&J to pick up my RXT-IS and asked about the problems you were having, turn's out Jim and CJ realized that you are a new customer of theirs. Let me say you are in good hands now. Do you jet ski in MD? Anyway sounds like your skis weren't prepped right. I would rather have problems during the warranty then after. I think this is a new model year for the RXTX 260 and there is some quirks. But in the long run those guys will take care of you. They just hooked me up. Just calm down and know at the end of the day you have the baddest three seater on the market.

Take care,

Bob

1 - 20 of 39 Posts