Personal Water Craft Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seadoo is the best ski on the market hands down. My 2007 RXP has almost 100 hours and runs like new to this day. Maintenance is the key man!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well Crazy Bob it looks like you are using the same dealer as me now. I was just up at J&J to pick up my RXT-IS and asked about the problems you were having, turn's out Jim and CJ realized that you are a new customer of theirs. Let me say you are in good hands now. Do you jet ski in MD? Anyway sounds like your skis weren't prepped right. I would rather have problems during the warranty then after. I think this is a new model year for the RXTX 260 and there is some quirks. But in the long run those guys will take care of you. They just hooked me up. Just calm down and know at the end of the day you have the baddest three seater on the market.

Take care,

Bob
I have to say, Jim and CJ are both awesome and one of the reasons I still own my 2 2010 RXT-X. They have been more than willing to help and have done a great job with my skis. I just came back yesterday from a long trip and both skis ran perfect thanks to J&J.. What a awesome feeling to go out for aprox 7 hours a full tank of gas and come in with no problems...YAHOO!

I live in Maryland and go out of Edgewood and go a lot to Farly creek..Heart miller island..all in that area..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have to say, Jim and CJ are both awesome and one of the reasons I still own my 2 2010 RXT-X. They have been more than willing to help and have done a great job with my skis. I just came back yesterday from a long trip and both skis ran perfect thanks to J&J.. What a awesome feeling to go out for aprox 7 hours a full tank of gas and come in with no problems...YAHOO!

I live in Maryland and go out of Edgewood and go a lot to Farly creek..Heart miller island..all in that area..:thumbsup:
Very cool, I am so glad you found J & J . Those guys are great. C J built my RIVA STAGE III kit on my 06 RXT.

I go out of the upper bay, we go to Lloyd's Creek alot on the Sassafras river. We go to Farley Creek in my Outlaw.

We hang out at the Cheasepeake Inn.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Glad to hear they got them taken care of. When do you guys stop riding for the season?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I am hoping to go another month......we should all meet up some where before the season is over...

·
Registered
811 Posts
I usually run to mid October. Sounds good let me know........

·
Registered
811 Posts
No just conditioned from snowmobiling, lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
i am sick of my gtx and i will never buy another. i sold my sea doo twin engine jet boat because it sucked down way too much fuel and expencive oil not to mention there was not a dealer in the state of me to work on it. i did love the speed and everything else so i stuck with sea doo. big mistake. i bought a gtx limited, i likes it a first it is good to ride good storage,not bad on gas, its verry stable. i takje care of it better than myself,i wax it lube it do all maintnence weater it need it or not. but in the spring it sucked i i rock in 3' of water and caused $900. in damage and took the dealer over a month to fix it..the season is only 2 moths for me every other week. so i only use it 5-8 times a year. everything was new i just took it to a lake for a last ride and get the stable i added to the fuel in the system. again at idel in 3' water it sucked up a rock and destroyed everything...why does it not filter rocks in the intake? the other problems were a frozen steering system ,2 dead batterys,and a cloged injector that finley just got fixed now i cant use it..i hate to sell it but after 2 times fixing it i cant even get my money back...and the only dealer around sucks.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
i am sick of my gtx and i will never buy another. i sold my sea doo twin engine jet boat because it sucked down way too much fuel and expencive oil not to mention there was not a dealer in the state of me to work on it. i did love the speed and everything else so i stuck with sea doo. big mistake. i bought a gtx limited, i likes it a first it is good to ride good storage,not bad on gas, its verry stable. i takje care of it better than myself,i wax it lube it do all maintnence weater it need it or not. but in the spring it sucked i i rock in 3' of water and caused $900. in damage and took the dealer over a month to fix it..the season is only 2 moths for me every other week. so i only use it 5-8 times a year. everything was new i just took it to a lake for a last ride and get the stable i added to the fuel in the system. again at idel in 3' water it sucked up a rock and destroyed everything...why does it not filter rocks in the intake? the other problems were a frozen steering system ,2 dead batterys,and a cloged injector that finley just got fixed now i cant use it..i hate to sell it but after 2 times fixing it i cant even get my money back...and the only dealer around sucks.
So you were stupid enough to operate in 3 feet of water and sucked up a rock not once but TWICE and blame SeaDoo?:appl:

Think about it. If they put a "filter" on the intake grate to help people who don't read their owners manual and who run on sand and 3 feet of water the top speed would be 25mph. Then you'd be complaining how "SeaDoos are slow!" Read your owners manual as well as online PWC operating guidelines then give the jet ski thing another try.

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
no they are more reliable
i work on them all
the older kawi's are bullet proof, new ones are so-so

i always have problems with seadoo and DESS post all the time
and bad voltage regulators

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Does anyone have any good or not so good to say about the '08 Sea Doo RXP-X 255? Our local dealer has a new left over that he'll sell for $7,000 w/ trailer. We have a '04 RXP 215 & have had no problems at all.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
'08 rxp-x 255

YAMADOO

Thanks! I'll take that as a recommendation. The price wasn't an issue. It was the negativity expressed re: Sea Doo that concerned us.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Seadoo is the logical choice

It's funny the guy who started this thread had bad experiences that were strictly dealer related. After he went to my dealer, J&J watercraft, he was extremely happy with Seadoo. I met up with his posse on the Chesapeake Bay. We rode from Edgewood MD. to Red Eyes in Kent narrows and back in 2-3 ft seas. How can you compare Jap motors to Austrian motors??? Any way if your happy with your 04 RXP, you will absolutely love RXT-X 255 it is faster and more stable.

And as for Just-in-Time, I have seen Seadoo skis at rental places as well. The reason they use more Yamaha and Kawasaki is because they found that they are Idiot proof for the owners and renters and of course slower. :laugh:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts