Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! We have a Yamaha 2006 VX 110 Deluxe. I can normally get it up to 55-57 MPH. All of a sudden today, it will only go 47-49MPH. It also feels like it isn't as powerfull. I had no reports of anything wrong from the kids that rode it yesterday.
I checked the grate and it looks fine...no weeds or anything else in there.
Its not in learning mode,
Any suggestions on what might be wrong, or where to look?
At current top speed, the engine seems to have a whawha noise to it that is new.
Thanks for your help!
Mary

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Low/High

The kids have not had access to the remote. When it is in low mode, the machine won't go more than about 30-35.
My problem seems to be some lack of power, and a loss of about 10 MPH at top RPMs. I have the grate off and there is nothing in the impellor, although the edges of the impellor are very slightly ragged. Could that be the problem?
Could sand do that?
The kids were beaching it the other day, they promised me that they cut the engine in 3 ft. plus water......but you know how kids can be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checked these things out

I changed spark plugs, found the air filter to be clean and dry, I checked the fault codes....there were none. The engine sounds and feels fine except for the loss of top end speed and power.
Does that leave me with the impellor as the probable culprit? Or are there other likely causes? Can I use the machine without fear of wrecking it? I will take it to a pro and have it hooked up to the Diagnosis machine if you all think that I still should.
thanks for your help!
Mary

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
impeller pics

I have attached a of pic of my impeller. Could the ragged edges be the cause of my losing top speed?
I changed spark plugs, checked for fault codes, checked the airfilter....everything was normal.
What else can I do before I go to the pros?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks

I want to thank those that replied. It appears that my loss of power and speed is probably due to the ragged edged impeller.
After searching through the forums, I think that I will try to replace the impeller myself.
Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.
Mary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts