Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find any information on this, but it's got a plug, so does it need oil or is it for timing, etc?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fng

YEAH! I just bought one. I'm a mechanical freak. I'll figure it out. I have a manual also.

I can't believe I just picked this ski up for 150 bucks with lots of new spare parts.

Guy said he hadn't ever been able to start it. I just went out to look at it, tweaked it for 5 min and started it.

I bought it before he could change his mind.

Anyway, I don't know how active these forums are but I'll be lurking.

Magneto=electrical. I would "ass"ume you don't need oil in there. I'll get a definite.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sweet deal, I got mine for free with a trailer, I just got the parts which include the head gasket and exhaust gaskets from SBT. Also SBT has a forum on there site thats pretty busy and PWCtoday has lots of activity on their forum as well. I'm a member on them all, also I will keep everyone posted on my status to return this 640 to shipshape. Laterz good luck,

dirtyhands

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't put Oil in there like I did-its hard to get out. actually did not harm the thing but delayed getting a Barracuda re-vamped. It runs well today.
I acquired a 900 that's giving me fits with triple carb adjustment/compression concerns. Persistence is needed on these units but when you get them right they are a blast

1 - 7 of 7 Posts