Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone here can help.
I have an old marinejet 650T the same as this; Yamaha Marine Jet 650 Jet Ski | eBay

The bearings in the carrier are shot and I have moved the engine forward, removed the bolts holding it however it will not come away from the hull.
It will rotate left and right but will not come out even slightly. I have tried a block of wood and hammer, pry bars under the tabs on the carrier but nothing will move.
Has any one had experience with these jetski's?

My plan B (If I can get a replacement) is to use a grinder and dremel and cut it out however that would take hours and hours.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone here can help.
I have an old marinejet 650T the same as this; Yamaha Marine Jet 650 Jet Ski | eBay

The bearings in the carrier are shot and I have moved the engine forward, removed the bolts holding it however it will not come away from the hull.
It will rotate left and right but will not come out even slightly. I have tried a block of wood and hammer, pry bars under the tabs on the carrier but nothing will move.
Has any one had experience with these jetski's?

My plan B (If I can get a replacement) is to use a grinder and dremel and cut it out however that would take hours and hours.
Did you remove the pump assy..? .. You are talking about the shaft..bearings that link that engine to the pump...?
And did you remove the coupling that is attached to that shaft. IIRC... Coupler on engine and then on that shaft with a rubber coupling that connects them ..
Pics of actual may help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I have tried to. Looks like the pump assembly is stuck onto the intermediate shaft. I can rotate the shaft assembly and jiggle it all around however they are stuck together.

I'm going to try and seperate them using a tree and rope. The ski is really old so I'm not that fussed if the ski gets trashed to be honest.

It's a shame Yamaha couldn't have come up with a better idea than this. I have previously owned only Kawasaki skis which were far easier to work on than
the 2 yamahas I've worked with. Obviously Kawasaki didn't have any retards working in their design department....unlike Yamaha!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts